dftly Time Tracker FAQs
FAQs about dftly Time Tracker
- How do I get the dftly Time Tracker app?
- You can get dftly Time Tracker from the Apple iTunes Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dftly-time-tracker/id1122912839?mt=8. On the Google Play Store, dftly Time Tracker is available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dftly.timeTracker
- I am being asked for an API Key, Employee ID and PIN on the Registration screen on my mobile. What do I need to do?
- Please check your email Inbox for an email from your Systems Administrator with details about dftly Time Tracker. In that email, you will receive details of an 8-character API Key for your company and your specific Employee ID. Please key in these details into the respective fields on your handset. The PIN is any 4 character code that you can remember. You will need to key in that PIN every time you use the dftly Time Tracker app.
- On the Check In screen, I see a field called Project. What is this?
- This field gives you a list of all the Projects/Customers that you are currently working on. From the drop-down list, select the specific Project/Customer that you are going to be working on. If you do not see your specific Project listed here, please get in touch with your company’s Systems Administrator and ask him/her to add your Project into the Project list.
- On the Check In screen, I see a field called Task. What is this?
- This field gives you a list of all the Tasks that you would normally work on. From this list, please pick the specific task that you plan to work on. For example, if the Project that you selected was Air Conditioner Maintenance for New England Children’s Hospital, the Task could be Blower Maintenance. Choose the task that is most appropriate for what you plan to do. If you do not see the task, please get in touch with your Systems Administrator and have him/her add the required task. This is not a mandatory field. So you can go ahead without choosing anything for this field.
- On the Check In screen, I see a field called Work Type. What is this?
- The Work Type is a Code for specific types of work that are done by your company. You need to select the appropriate Work Type for the work that you plan to do. For example, if the Project that you selected was Air Conditioner Maintenance for New England Children’s Hospital and the Task was Blower Maintenance, then the Work Type could be Scheduled Maintenance.
- Are the Project, Task and Work Type fields’ mandatory?
- No, they are not. Your Systems Administrator will be able to set a switch for each dftly Time Tracker user to enable them to see these fields on their mobiles. The dftly Time Tracker User Edit page on Salesforce, has a field called Smiley Swipe. If this field is selected for a user, then the user does not need to select Project / Task / Work Type. They will just need to swipe on a smiley to record their work times. But if your work profile requires you to work with specific projects / tasks and work types, we suggest that you use the appropriate fields that have been set up for you by your Systems Administrator.
- OK, I have selected the Project, Task and Work Type. What do I do now?
- You’ll see a Slider with “Out” and “In” labels on two ends of a bar. You will also see a big button near the “Out” label. Now click near the “In” label. You will see the big button slide over to the “In” side of the bar. Your work time recording has now started and will continue on until you slide the button to the “Out” side.
- How do I record when I have finished my work?
- It’s real easy. Simply slide the button to the “Out” side of the slider bar. Your work time stops ticking right away.
- What are the two circles on the bottom of the Check Out screen?
- The two circles give you a summary of the Hours that you’ve worked for This Week and This Month. It’s just a quick way to keep you on top of things.
- How do I get the details of the work that I’ve done?
- Look at the top left hand corner of your screen, where you will find a hamburger. Click on this and you will see a menu of options drop down. On this list, you will see options for Hours This Month and Hours This Week. These two reports will give you details of your In Time, Out Time and Hours Worked each time that you logged them into dftly Time Tracker.
- How do I change my PIN?
- Click on the hamburger on the top left hand side of your screen. From the drop down, select the “Change PIN” option. Key in your Existing PIN into the first field. Key in the new PIN that you want into the second field. Confirm the new PIN in the third field, and then click on the Change PIN button. Your PIN will now be changed to the new PIN that you chose.
- How do I Log out of the app?
- Click on the hamburger on the top left hand side of your screen. From the drop down, click on the “Logout” option. You will now be logged out of the dftly Time Tracker app. If you want to get back into the app, you will have to key in your PIN and Login again.